Friday, December 1, 2017

The #FridayReads Review (12/1/17)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2)
Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger (PBK)
Last month I was in such a reading slump but still itching to read something so I finally just started re-reading my favorite series! Thoroughly enjoyed the first book but I've never been much of a series binger so now in the midst of Book the Second I'm starting to get antsy for a different read. Not sure exactly what though, so in the meantime Sophronia's adventures continue.


>> JUST FINISHED <<
The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight 1Yokai Rental Shop Vol. 1

The Stone Heart by Faith Erin Hicks (PBK)
3 Stars. While the story is interesting, for such a big fantasy plot it reads rather subdued and simplistic. Still I enjoyed the very quick read and look forward to finishing the series with what I believe is the final volume next year.

Kiss Me at the Stroke of Midnight vol. 1 by Rin Mikimoto (PBK)
4 Stars. Almost didn't bring this home from the library and now so glad I did! Despite the boy's caboose fetish I really enjoyed the characters, humor and story - will definitely be picking up the next volume!

Yokai Rental Shop vol. 1 by Shin Mashiba (PBK)
3 Stars. Not quite as good as I'd been hoping but a little more interesting than I was expecting with both an unusual yet also rather familiar premise with intriguing characters and twists. Might give the second volume a try.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Ash Princess
Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian (ARC)
Still eyeing this after a month - time for fantasy?


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment