Friday, July 7, 2017

The #FridayReads Review (7/7/17)



Welcome to The #FridayReads Review, a regular Friday segment where I share what I've been reading the past week, and what I'm planning to read next! Want to join the Friday fun? Post your own #FridayReads Review and leave the link in the Comments below, or just Comment with what you've been reading!


>> CURRENTLY READING <<
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)R.O.D. Read or Dream 1 (R.O.D. Read or Dream, #1)

Now over 70% through and very surprised to rediscover just how different the movie is - several lesser subplots in the book were played up in the movie, and Umbridge isn't nearly as skin-crawling in the book (Imelda Staunton did an amazing job). While I'm of course enjoying the magical re-read (despite Angry Harry), I'm definitely looking forward to returning to shorter books soon.

R.O.D.: Read or Dream Series by Kurata & Ayanaga (PBK)
Another 4-volume series on the maybe pile of my purge. The anime is one of my all-time favorites - paper magic is just so me! While definitely not as good as the anime, it has some great original plots so currently on the fence.


>> [POSSIBLY] READING NEXT <<
(subject to change with my ever-shifting reading whims)
Daughter of the Burning City
Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody (ARC)
I'm not quite sure if this is going to be my kind of read, but it sounds very imaginative and I won an ARC so I'll give it a try.


So what are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment